Saturday, October 22, 2016

Beading weekend part 3

My box is painted and polished

and on the inside as well

The tablecloth is complete after a wait of a few days while Lorraine worked out extra rows for me because I have a bigger box

And I thought I'd share a before and after of the napkins

I was going to say that the only thing you'd not seen was the label but as I went to type it I realized I'd not taken a pic of the star flowers :( so they will both have to wait for another day.

All I have left to do is the tea cup and assembly aka glue things in place that need it which I will try to do this week but Lucy and Teejay are visiting so it may have to wait until they have gone home

Friday, October 21, 2016

Weekend progress

I wasn't well over the weekend :(  I think it was a bit of a reaction to my flu the week before but no matter the cause the over one stitching on the daffs was too much so I pulled out Alchemical Romance to work on.

I was doing well with it until I ran out of the brown silk so progress came to a sudden stop and will stay that way until  I get my rear into gear and order some more.

So CdC came out to play on Sunday and went from this 

to this 

It's been so long since CdC saw the light of day I'd forgotten just how much fun it is to work on so I'm going to try and work on it again before too long

Thursday, October 20, 2016

I have a finish :)

Little House Needleworks Needleworker.
Stitched on Dr Smiths Tonic from Sparklies using the Crescent Colours in the pack.

Started on Sept 27 on the stitching holiday I went on and finished on 19 Oct

Please excuse the wrinkles I was so eager to take pics I didn't press it first

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October Gifted Gorgeousness

Gifted Gorgeousness is the brain child of Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching to encourage us to use those stash items that have been gifted to us over the years or that will be a gift.

Short post again this month:(  with only 2 projects counting for GG

First is the owl I stitched for the RR I'm taking part in.

And My Ark has seen a little love recently

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Beading weekend part 2

It's been a couple of weeks now since I posted about Tea for Two aka the beading weekend project so it's about time I shared my progress on it:)

Here's everything I've made for it so far and I still have 11 items to go (not including the tea pot I'm adding in, that's not part of  the kit/ instructions) which means I'm half way there now, well just over half way if you include painting the box for it which I've been working on over the last few days.  It still needs a little work on it and I should hopefully have that done in a day or two.

Going clockwise we have 2 of the table legs, 5 coasters, a napkin, the knob, the tea cup and the cake.

You saw this almost complete in my first post

The cake, it's a box that will house a tape measure if you want.
This has been the nightmare part of the project so far for me and I struggled with it for days :( I tried putting it aside and going back to it and still it wouldn't work for me so in the end I rang Lorraine for a chat and we got it sorted out :)

And last but not least for this post is the knob for the lid of the box

I'm hoping by that this time next week I'll be almost finished, I'd love to be finished but knowing that the tea cup took an entire day in class to do I know it's going to take me a few days of beading at home to complete it because I only do a few hours a day at most

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Another new start!

Yesterday Pat and I began the next project for our Friday SAL.

This time we are working on Teresa Wentzler's Victorian fan, it's been a while since I worked on a TW and I'd almost forgotten how much I love them 

Friday, October 07, 2016

New LHN start

Once I'd finished Croakworth on my stitching holiday I made a start on Little House Needleworks  Needleworker 'kit'.
I didn't quite make it to halfway before the end of the week but I wasn't far off.

This one is on Dr Smith's Tonic from Sparklies which I have to say is just about my favourite fabric ever :)

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Daffs progress

I did more around the centre of the bloom this last weekend and I'm ready to add the next 3 pages on the chart.

Just in case your sat there thinking I missed an update out I haven't :)  I didn't do any stitching the weekend of the beading class

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

TUSAL time

Yes folks it's time to post pics of rubbish once more :)

As ever first up is my stitching orts and I've added ones from Croakworth, Daffodils, My Ark, Mum's Christmas present, Needleworker and sewing thread from hexies.

And my beading orts, filling up nicely with all the ones from Tea for Two

Monday, October 03, 2016

Croakworth finish

I took Craokworth with me last week on the stitching holiday in Lincoln and finished it on Tuesday.
Pat finished her's a couple of weeks ago and so it went with me with her blessing :)

Close up of the top part

And complete 

I used a Needle Necessities (now called Colorworks) and an odd piece of 28 count from Sparklies which I think might be Scorpio